Feel free to personalize this offer with Shinichiro.
It'll be my pleasure to help you to make your own tour based on your requests and interests.
For one-day tour (about 8 hours), you and I will select about 2-5 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within the tour hours.
For half-day tour (about 4 hours), you and I will select about 1-3 sightseeing spots where you would like to visit within the tour hours.
Some candidate sightseeing spots are following:
1. China Town (restaurants, shops, Kantei-byo (mausoleums sacred to the memory of Guan Yu), Maso-byo (Doukyo temple to worship Mazu, Chinese goddess of the sea) , entertainment facilities, etc.)
2. Yamashita Park (near China Town) to enjoy views of Yokohama port, bridge, ships, etc.
3. Silk Museum (explains everything about silk. Exhibits include everything from silkworms to silk clothing from different periods.)
4. Yokohama Doll Museum (exhibits of folk dolls from 141 countries throughout the world and dolls crafted in regions throughout Japan.)
5. Minato Mirai 21 area (commercial facilities, hotels, amusement parks, convention facilities, cultural amenities, etc.)
1). Red Brick Warehouse (a cultural and commercial facility that utilizes two historical buildings constructed more than a century ago.)
2). CupNoodles Museum （Please see the pictures. You can make your own Cup Noodle there.)
3). Yokohama Landmark Tower (Observatory at 273m in height, shopping mall, restored stone dock called the Dockyard Garden)
4) Yokohama Cosmo World amusement park (Cosmo Clock 21 (113m in height, a Ferris wheel or a big wheel ),etc.)
6. Sankeien Garden (a traditional and typical Japanese-style garden designed and landscaped by a wealthy businessman in the silk trade. Opened in 1906.)(about 40-50 minutes from JR Yokohama station).
7. Yamate area (Harbor View Park (Minato-no-Mieru Oka Koen), Yokohama Doll Museum, Yokohama Tinplate Toy Museum, etc.)
8. Tea Ceremony (at a tea ceremony room where you can enjoy the view of Mt. Fuji if the weather is good.) (about 1 hour, 1500 Japanese Yen for one person)
guide fee, hotel pick-up in Yokohama area and Tokyo area
Transportation fee (you and guide), lunch, dinner, entrance fee, etc...
(see Q&A corner about the transportation fee and the entrance fee)
I can also guide you in Okinawa, Kagoshima, Shimane, Hiroshima, Kobe, Osaka, Nara, Kyoto, Shiga, Kanazawa, if you pay my transportation fee between Tokyo or Yokohama, my hotel fee, and cost of my meals.
A1. There are many useful web sites. For example, you can get info by input 'yokohama japan', 'yokohama-akarenga', or/and 'minatomirai21' on the Internet.
A2. 1) Transportation by trains (JR/subways) from Tokyo/Shibuya/Shinagawa to Motomachi-Chukagai (near Yokohama Chinatown) : Adult 500 Yen to 700 Yen, (40-60 minutes),
2) Yokohama tourist spot running bus : 100 Yen/stop, or 500- Yen for one-day ticket. To get more info, input 'yokohama-bus akaikutsu' on the Internet.
A3. For example (as of January 1, 2019):
1, Cup Noodle Museum : 500 Yen (up from University students), etc.
'My Cup Noodle factory' in Cup Noodle Museum : 1 service is 300 Yen.
2. Yokohama Doll Museum: Adult 400 Yen, Child: 200 Yen (fee may differ for special exhibits)
3. Silk Museum: Adult 500 Yen, etc.
4. CosmoClock21 (a Ferris wheel or a big wheel, 113m in height) at Yokohama CosmoWorld (entrance fee is free) : 800 Yen (equal and up from 3 years old)
5. Yokohama Sky Garden (observatory floor at 273m in height) (69F of Landmark Tower Yokohama): Adult 1000 Yen, etc. (To get English info, please search by 'yokohama landmark skygarden' on the Internet.
6. Tea ceremony (at Tatami mat room or room with chairs of a tea ceremony room): 1500 Yen per person (need reservation)
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
Meeting Shinichiro became a real window to today's Japan. Very good English (lots of job experience in the USA), really great mutual understanding. Thank you, Shinichiro!
Dear Irene, I hope you returned home safely. Thank you very much for your review comments and wonderful time during our tour from Yokohama to Kamakura on October 14. I really enjoyed it and it's precious memory for me. The book 'At Home in Japan' (about today's Japan) by Rebecca Otowa will be delivered to me from Amazon next week. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
Shin was extremely knowledgeable and attentive. It’s clear he loves what he does and does it well. Shin was always prompt and very flexible. He took us to amazing places and always made sure to keep an eye on us so we would never get lost. His historical and cultural knowledge is exceptional. He made all our dinner reservations for us and even gave us maps and addresses in Japanese for the taxi drivers. I can honestly say that we have gained a new friend in Shin and I’m sure we will keep in touch. I can recommend Shin with the highest recommendation possible. If it were possible to give him more than 5 stars I would certainly do so. Anyone having him as a guide would be very fortunate indeed. I’m sure he will make your trip special as he has made ours.
Dear Ted, Thank you for your very good review comments. It was my great pleasure and honor to be your guide to visit Yokohama, Tokyo, Kamakura, and Nikko for past six days. I was very impressed by intimate relationship and partnership of you and your wife. Both of you have been caring for each other very much and paying respects to each other’s opinions and requests. What a wonderful couple you are. I learned a lot from you and would like to try what I learned in my private life. Conversations with you were very enjoyable and precious. I'm glad that you had the memorable and comfortable trip to Japan this time. Very best wishes for health and happiness of both of you and your family members. I’m looking forward to seeing you again some time in the future. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro ... read more
We booked Shin to take our family to Kamakura for the day. We could not have had a more friendly, considerate, informative guide. It was a pleasure to spend the day with him.
Dear Russell, Thank you for your review comment. I hope you are enjoying the stay in Japan. It's my great pleasure and honor to be the guide of your family at Kamakura last Sunday. I think the tour of three generation members are lovely and wonderful, and I was very impressed. Please give my best regards to all of your family members including those who couldn't join the tour this time. Very best wishes for your health and happiness. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro Hazeki (Shin)
Shinichiro was a great guide. His English was excellent. He accommodated our changes to our itinerary and we enjoyed an excellent day with him.
Dear Paul, Thank you for your excellent review comment. I hope you returned home safely. It's my great pleasure and honor to be the guide for your group on April 21st. I was impressed by very good relations among your group members. Please give my best regards to all of them. Very best wishes for your health and happiness. Sincerely Yours, Shinichiro (Shin)
Shinishiro-san was very friendly and informative. He was patient and very accommodating during our all too brief but fun tour of Tokyo during our layover there. If you are looking for a great tour guide to show you around Japan, we highly recommend him! We know we will when decide to come back to visit Japan again.
Dear Joanne, Thank you for your comment. It's my great pleasure and honor to be your guide on January 14. Though it's a very challenging and a little bit hard schedule to visit Tokyo Tower, Akihabara, and Asakura by your requests within about four hours because of your layover (stopover) at Narita airport, we could manage it by your strong cooperation. I was very impressed by wonderful harmony and relationship among your family members of three generations. Please give my best regards to them. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions about Japan-related things. Very best wishes for health and happiness of your family. Sincerely Yours, Shin (Shinichiro Hazeki)