What to Expect
As one of the most exciting cities in the world, Tokyo has unrivaled variety of amazing and exciting places for visitors from abroad. For example, you will be able to enjoy not only viewing a historical castle or shrines of more than 400 years, but also enjoying to be a parts of crowds on the most busy and trendy streets.. This means, every visitor has more options to enjoy their stay based on their interests, if well scheduled and arranged.
The following shows recommended typical and popular districts based on interests.
1) Modern and busy commercial districts
- Shibuya : an exciting and attractive fashionable district among young females, from teenagers to 30s.
- Harajuku : one of the most fashionable sacred places that are worshipped by teenagers around Japan
- Shinjuku : a convenient popular shopping district for most common people of all generation
- Ginza : a luxurious shopping district for celebrities
- Odaiba : a relatively new sightseeing spot by the Tokyo bay area where you can see the small Statue of Liberty, Rainbow bridge and Tokyo tower
2) Historical places
- Imperial palace : an old castle image resident and park where emperor and empress live
- Meiji Jingu shrine : one of the most renowned shrines in Japan because more than 3 million people visit there on the first 3 days of new year.
- Sensoji temple in Asakusa : the oldest and popular temple in Tokyo with more than 300 years history shops in its shopping arcade
3) Art museums and architectures
- Roppongi : a district where you can visit three famous museums, Mori Art Museum, Suntory Art Museum, and New National Art Musuem, in 15 minute walk
- Ueno park : a district where three musuems are located; National Museum of Western Art, National Science Museum, Shitamachi (downtown) Museum
- Tokyo station : the most renowned and beautiful terminal station in Japan from which most bullet trains bound for east and west Japan
- Tokyo tower : a symbol of Tokyo with 333m height where you can overlook the Tokyo city and observe Mt. Fuji on a clear day
- Tokyo sky tree tower : the highest tower in Japan with 634m height where you can enjoy view from the observatory as well as stoll the vicinity
- Tokyo metropolitan government building : a modern twin-tower shape building designed by a renowned Japanese architect, Kenzo Tange where you can see most part of Tokyo from its free observatory
- Edo Tokyo museum : a museum that display historical and cultural items of Edo and Tokyo
4) Japanese sub-culture sacred places
- Akihabara : the coolest district for Japanese modern sub-culture, such as maid cafe, figure dolls, and animated cartoon
- Nakano : a hidden sacred place for figure and animation fans where you will find new collections
- Takadanobaba : a hidden famous game center for online fighting game worldwide tournament
A day tour (approx. 8 hours) will select 3 to 4 places to visit, based on visitor's requests and interests. Sample courses will be as follows.
Course- a) Enjoy the most modern Japanese cultural area (Shibuya, Harajuku, Akihabara)
- Morning :
* Walk through Shibuya and Harajuku districts in the morning, including a visit to the Meiji Jingu shrine
- Afternoon :
* Visit Akihabara to experience atmosphere of sub-culture town, including maid cafe
* Stroll Tokyo Sky tree vicinity town
Course- b) Enjoy Japanese art and architecture
- Morning :
* Visit Roppongi museums and Roppongi hills vicinity
- Afternoon :
* Climb to Tokyo tower to overlook Tokyo metropolitan
* Walk around Tokyo station