What to Expect
One day tour in Tokyo for a family who have small children, preferably over 6 years old. Children's tastes and interests are different from adults. I would like to recommend to let them select the activities. At lunch time, I will teach your children how to make paper holding or Origami (one of Japan's unique traditional arts).
During cherry blossom season, March 25 to April 6, you can add cherry blossom viewing at Ueno park, Shinjyuku Gyoen, and others where are famous viewing sports for cherry blossom.
The followings are some proposed ideas for boys and girls respectively. Please feel free to ask me anything you want. I'm very flexible.
- Meet ASIMO robot at Tokyo's REAL Robot Show – for Free
- Second hand toy shop or Volks Hobby Square – figures, trains, plastic-models
- Shopping for a dress for cosplay (to dress in costume as a manga character), Ninja costume (4,000 yen) or Piko-taro (3,000 yen)
- GUNDAM Café - It is designed as an entertaining, immersive "base of operations" for fans to enjoy the world of GUNDAM.
- Ninja practice at Ninja Trick House (30 min, 1,000 yen, advance reservation needed)
- Experience of Ninja practice- to try on a (fake) Ninja sword, throw Ninja Stars at targets, bash a dummy into submission with the sword, and learn a bit about the
traditions of Ninja.
- Meet ASIMO robot Tokyo's REAL Robot Demonstration Show – Free of charge
- Volks Doll Points -
- Shopping a dress for cosplay (to dress in costume as a manga character), AKB48 (girls idol group) or Sailor Moon (Price range 4,000 ~ 5,000 yen)
- Visit AKB48 (a Japanese idol girl group named after the Akihabara where the group's theater is located) theater, coffee shop and character shop (in the coffee
shop you can enjoy their video)
- Plastic food sample making (75 min, 2,160 yen, advance reservation needed) If your children are interested in cooking, they might be interested in.
In one class period, you can make plastic food samples including one lettuce, and two pieces of tempura . You can take home three pieces of them you made.
Could you kindly let me know your interests so that I can make a tailor-made itinerary for your children.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.