The area of the current imperial palace used to be called “Edo Castle”, the residence of "Shogun", the leader of Samurai.
In this tour, I aim not only just a tourist guide but to give the deep insight of the Japanese history by answering the questions like “the differences between Shogun and Emperor”.
Let’s explore the most important area of Japan and its history!
Feel free to personalize this offer with Kenta.
Guide fee, Transportation fee for guide, Entrance fee for East Garden of the Imperial Palace (Admission Free)
Your transportation fee, Hotel pick up fee
- In case of bad weather, tour will be cancelled, In such a case, the guide will inform you of cancellation by 18:00 of the day before the tour scheduled.
- Participants are expected to walk around 3-4 km, so wearing comfortable shoes is highly recommended.
- Participants are recommended to bring water bottles and towels. (It’s mandatory in the summer season!)
- No entrance fee for the east garden of the imperial palace.
- Due to the new emperor’s enthronement ceremony, some area of the garden are currently not accessible. It will not affect the contents of the tour, but please be advised and noted.
- Smoking is strongly prohibited in the garden. read more
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.