You can make your own itinerary as you like. Tokyo has many interesting and beautiful places. You can select some of these. I can show you around as much as possible. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket, you can visit anywhere you want. Also you can learn about Japanese history, culture and life style. And of course, you can enjoy traditional Japanese cuisines.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Dai.
Tokyo has many sightseeing spots. You can select some of these wonderful places.
1. Asakusa - You can visit Senso-ji Temple famous for its main Kaminari-mon Gate ( Thunder Gate ), where a red huge lantern hangs. There is a shopping street called Nakamise Street, best place to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs and sweets. Also you can visit Asakusa Shrine just next to Senso-ji Temple. You can learn about temples and shrines, or Buddhism and Shinto there.
2. Tokyo Skytree - The tallest freestanding broadcasting tower in the world boasting 634 meters high. There are two observation decks located 350 and 450 meters above the ground.
3. Ueno Park - You can visit Shinobazu pond, Tokyo National Museum, Shitamachi Museum, Ueno Toshogu Shrine and Ameyoko Shopping Streets where you can buy anything you want.
4. Akihabara - Famous for many shops offering electrical equipment and manga, anime-related subculture goods, also animal cafes, such as cat, owl, hedgehog and more.
5. Ginza - Here is a shopping district lined with luxury boutiques and latest fashion shops as well as casual fast fashion stores.
6. Tsukiji Outer Market - Here is just next to (former) Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market (now located in Toyosu) which is the largest market in Japan. You can find anything from foods such as fresh fish, fresh meats and vegetables, and dried foods, to food-related products such as knives and tableware. It's also a famous gourmet spot.
7. Imperial Palace - The Nijubashi Bridge in front of the main entrance is so famous. If you have much time and interests, also you can visit East Gardens of the Imperial Palace.
8. Shibuya - Famous for Shibuya scramble crossing in front of the Shibuya Station, Hachiko dog statue and fashionable buildings.
9. Meiji Jingu Shrine - Shinto shrine where the spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken are enshrined. It was built in 1920. The sacred forest was created by the plantation of 100,000 trees donated from all over Japan. Here you can enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
10. Harajuku - Just next to Meiji Jingu Shrine, here is famous for Takeshita Dori Street which has a lot of shops of " Kawaii ( cute ) " fashion. Also you can visit KIDDY LAND ( toy store ) and Oriental Bazaar ( traditional Japanese souvenirs ).
11. Shinjuku - Japan's greatest entertainment district where tall buildings are lined up next to each other. You can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories ( Free of charge ), Kabukicho known as the town that never sleeps, Shinjuku Golden-gai ( 1950's nostalgic narrow drinking streets ) and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden famous for its cherry blossoms viewing.
12. And much more,
Ikebukuro, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, Rikugien Gardens, Roppongi, Odaiba, Yanaka, Shibamata and so on.
I can show you around some of these. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket ( 600 yen ), we can visit anywhere you want, as much as possible.
hotel pick up fee, hotel drop off fee, transportation fee (you and guide), entrance fee (you and guide), lunch (you and guide)
notice : Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket will be 600 yen each.
My tour is a walking tour using public transportation, mainly Tokyo Metro (Subway).
I don’t do the tour using an arranged car.
This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please bring Japanese yen for souvenirs and Japanese sweets, some of touristy places don't have much credit card acceptances.
Please take care of your own valuables, some of places are always crowded.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
At the end of our tour with Dai we found ourselves a little perplexed given the high volume of exceptional reviews he has received on this website. Dai seemed to show annoyance at our questions and was uninterested in exploring topics outside of the confines of the sites he selected for the tour. We found that Dai was not even very forthcoming with information about the various sites we visited, limited to some basic descriptions, and at times even declining to answer certain questions by saying the answer would take "too long." He was not upbeat or particularly engaged at any point. We carefully considered Dai's impressive qualifications and travel experiences when selecting him as our guide for the day, assuming that he would understand the kinds of questions and interests that a firs... read more
Dear Irina, I am very sorry to hear that you were not happy with my tour. I am so sorry to have disappointed you. I need to seriously accept your valuable opinions. And I want to use this experience and be helpful in my future job. I will try not to disappoint my customers again. Sincerely yours, Dai
Amazing. Informative. Fun. Organized. Educational. Dai promptly met us at our house at the appointed time and patiently awaited the 10 of us to assemble. This was his largest group and it went off without a problem. He kept tabs on all of us to ensure no one would get lost. This was clearly evident at the Shibuya scramble crossing as we all managed to get across to the meeting point easily. We enjoyed learning about Japanese culture and traditions at the shrines, temples and gardens we visited on the tour. Dai was very knowledgeable, approachable, patient and professional. We enjoyed his company and learned so much then we would of without guide. If we return, we will definitely ask for him again to guide us to more of the country. We HIGHLY recommend Dai. Walt and the Knapp ... read more
Thank you so much for giving me such a considerate review, Walter. It was my first time to guide such a large number of group around Tokyo. So this time it was actually challenging for me to organize the tour using public transportation. I really appreciate your kindness and cooperation during the tour. Eventually I had a great time with all of you. It was super fun to talk and share the time with you guys. Next time if you come back to Japan again, I would love to show you around Tokyo more and other cities. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your AMAZING family. Thanks a million !!!
We spent a day with Dai who was punctual informative and practical. Our group consisted of 3 adults and 4 children one of whom had special needs. Dai was great with the adults but didn’t seem to enjoy our loud playful western children too much! His English was very good and so was his organisation and knowledge so imagine with a different group he would be a better fit. He was very hardworking and wouldn’t leave us anywhere but back at the hotel where the tour was finished even when we were sure we we could find our way back which was much appreciated when we realised how tricky the journey back was on the train and how many exits there were!
Thank you for a thoughtful review, Karen. I appreciate your kind and considerate comment. Please take good care of yourself and send my best regards to your family and friends. Thanks a million !!!
Our first time in japan and we spent two days exploring Tokyo with Dai, in the first week of December. With four teenage sons it was always going to be a challenge to keep them occupied and interested, but Dai did it with ease. He had our two days worked out to the minute and we got to see everything we wanted and more. He is a wealth of information and with his travel knowledge we had many interesting conversations. No one was bored and we never felt rushed and had time for shopping and trying new foods etc... along the way. I would highly recommend Dai to navigate you around Tokyo and he gave us some great tips and tricks for the rest of our trip around Japan. He even carries maps, wet wipes and ensures that your rubbish goes where it should. Thanks Dai for an awesome two days and first ... read more
Thank you so much for giving me such a great review, Marie. It was my great pleasure to have showed you around Tokyo for two days. I also had amazing two days with all of you. Especially it was SUPER FUN to talk and share the time with your SUPER COOL sons. I believe you had another wonderful time in Japan after my tour as well. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your AWESOME family. Thanks a million !!! CHEERS !!!
We had a wonderful 2 full day tour with Dai. He was extremely accommodating and his tour was excellent. I would highly recommend his tour to anyone considering and would also like to thank him for the great 2 days we had together.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write such a considerate review, Jeff. It was absolutely my great pleasure to show you around Tokyo. I also had super amazing two days with both of you. And it was super FUN to talk and share the time with you guys. I hope you will have another wonderful and memorable 3 days in Tokyo and also enjoy staying in Jakarta, Indonesia after Japan. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to Super Kawaii RV. Thanks a million !!!