You can make your own itinerary as you like. Tokyo has many interesting and beautiful places. You can select some of these. I can show you around as much as possible. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket, you can visit anywhere you want. Also you can learn about Japanese history, culture and life style. And of course, you can enjoy traditional Japanese cuisines.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Dai.
Tokyo has many sightseeing spots. You can select some of these wonderful places.
1. Asakusa - You can visit Senso-ji Temple famous for its main Kaminari-mon Gate ( Thunder Gate ), where a red huge lantern hangs. There is a shopping street called Nakamise Street, best place to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs and sweets. Also you can visit Asakusa Shrine just next to Senso-ji Temple. You can learn about temples and shrines, or Buddhism and Shinto there.
2. Tokyo Skytree - The tallest freestanding broadcasting tower in the world boasting 634 meters high. There are two observation decks located 350 and 450 meters above the ground.
3. Ueno Park - You can visit Shinobazu pond, Tokyo National Museum, Shitamachi Museum, Ueno Toshogu Shrine and Ameyoko Shopping Streets where you can buy anything you want.
4. Akihabara - Famous for many shops offering electrical equipment and manga, anime-related subculture goods, also animal cafes, such as cat, owl, hedgehog and more.
5. Ginza - Here is a shopping district lined with luxury boutiques and latest fashion shops as well as casual fast fashion stores.
6. Tsukiji Outer Market - Here is just next to (former) Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market (now located in Toyosu) which is the largest market in Japan. You can find anything from foods such as fresh fish, fresh meats and vegetables, and dried foods, to food-related products such as knives and tableware. It's also a famous gourmet spot.
7. Imperial Palace - The Nijubashi Bridge in front of the main entrance is so famous. If you have much time and interests, also you can visit East Gardens of the Imperial Palace.
8. Shibuya - Famous for Shibuya scramble crossing in front of the Shibuya Station, Hachiko dog statue and fashionable buildings.
9. Meiji Jingu Shrine - Shinto shrine where the spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken are enshrined. It was built in 1920. The sacred forest was created by the plantation of 100,000 trees donated from all over Japan. Here you can enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
10. Harajuku - Just next to Meiji Jingu Shrine, here is famous for Takeshita Dori Street which has a lot of shops of " Kawaii ( cute ) " fashion. Also you can visit KIDDY LAND ( toy store ) and Oriental Bazaar ( traditional Japanese souvenirs ).
11. Shinjuku - Japan's greatest entertainment district where tall buildings are lined up next to each other. You can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories ( Free of charge ), Kabukicho known as the town that never sleeps, Shinjuku Golden-gai ( 1950's nostalgic narrow drinking streets ) and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden famous for its cherry blossoms viewing.
12. And much more,
Ikebukuro, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, Rikugien Gardens, Roppongi, Odaiba, Yanaka, Shibamata and so on.
I can show you around some of these. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket ( 600 yen ), we can visit anywhere you want, as much as possible.
hotel pick up fee, hotel drop off fee, transportation fee (you and guide), entrance fee (you and guide), lunch (you and guide)
notice : Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket will be 600 yen each.
My tour is a walking tour using public transportation, mainly Tokyo Metro (Subway).
I don’t do the tour using an arranged car.
This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please bring Japanese yen for souvenirs and Japanese sweets, some of touristy places don't have much credit card acceptances.
Please take care of your own valuables, some of places are always crowded.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
Four of us from California had 2 fantastic days touring around with Dai. He speaks perfect English, knows Tokyo thoroughly and how to get around most efficiently and creates an interesting and enjoyable itinerary. He was anxious to educate us on religious customs and aspects of Japanese culture. And what an amazing world traveler is Dia! He is an especially kind, polite and giving person and we were very lucky to have spent the two days with him.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write such a considerate review, Joel. It was absolutely my great pleasure to have showed you around Tokyo for both two days. It was super FUN to talk and share the time with all of you. I hope you will have another wonderful and memorable days in Kyoto, Okayama, Hiroshima and Hakone as well. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your family and friends. Thanks a million !!!
We (2 couples) had a wonderful day with Dai. He is very knowledgeable about Japanese culture and customs, and knows Tokyo and how to navigate it very well. He is nice, calm, personable, and a pleasure to be with. In addition he speaks English pretty well. We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Tokyo, and look forward to coming back and spending more time in the city.
Thank you so much for giving me a prompt feedback, Esther. It was my great pleasure to show you around Tokyo as your guide. I also had a wonderful time with all of you. I really appreciate your kindness and cooperation during the tour. I hope you will have a nice flight back to the States. Please come back to Japan again, maybe in April to see cherry blossoms. Take good care of yourself and please give my best regards to your family and friends. Thanks a million !!!
We had a great experience with Dai. HIs knowledge of the 14 subway lines to get us around Tokyo was truly amazing! He also recommended a great ramen house that was a neighborhood gem,and delicious. I would highly recommend him when in Tokyo.
Thank you so much for taking your precious time to write such a wonderful review, Grace. Although it was raining all day long, I really enjoyed talking and sharing the time with both of you. And I was happy to be able to see you guys enjoyed Tuna Steak at Tsukiji Outer Market and Ramen Noodles in Harajuku. I hope you will have another awesome days in Tokyo. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to Cool Russ. Thanks a million !!!
Although it was heavy rain on the day (and Dai did warn us beforehand) he still worked with us to make an alternative plan to see indoor sites. Very cool dude.
Thank you so much for a thoughtful review, Rob. Unfortunately it was heavy rain during the tour, but I tried my best. I believe you could enjoy watching Rugby World Cup Games at the stadium. Please come back to Japan again in the future and give my best regards to your family and friends. Thanks a million !!! Cheers !!!
Dai did an amazing job filling a large “want list“ from five very different personalities I’m sure it was a daunting task for him, but we spent two days with Dai and left feeling that we had a fabulous tour of Tokyo And a good understanding of the city He made sure that we were also able to squeeze in some great food and shopping along the way. Dai was flexible, patient, and considerate of every one in the group - a true pro.
Thank you so much for a considerate review, Cindi. I also had amazing two days with all of you. Especially I was happy to be able to see you guys enjoyed Tonkotsu Ramen Noodles in Harajuku. I believe all of you were safely back to the States. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your husband, Gary, lovely Marci, pretty Jennifer and cool Jacob. Thanks a million !!!