What to Expect
Tokyo has many sightseeing spots. You can select some of these wonderful places.
1. Asakusa - You can visit Senso-ji Temple famous for its main Kaminari-mon Gate ( Thunder Gate ), where a red huge lantern hangs. There is a shopping street called Nakamise Street, best place to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs and sweets. Also you can visit Asakusa Shrine just next to Senso-ji Temple. You can learn about temples and shrines, or Buddhism and Shinto there.
2. Tokyo Skytree - The tallest freestanding broadcasting tower in the world boasting 634 meters high. There are two observation decks located 350 and 450 meters above the ground.
3. Ueno Park - You can visit Shinobazu pond, Tokyo National Museum, Shitamachi Museum, Ueno Toshogu Shrine and Ameyoko Shopping Streets where you can buy anything you want.
4. Akihabara - Famous for many shops offering electrical equipment and manga, anime-related subculture goods.
5. Ginza - Here is a shopping district lined with luxury boutiques and latest fashion shops as well as casual fast fashion stores.
6. Tsukiji Outer Market - Here is just next to Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market which is the largest market in Japan. You can find anything from foods such as fresh fish, fresh meats and vegetables, and dried foods, to food-related products such as knives and tableware. It's also a famous gourmet spot.
7. Imperial Palace - The Nijubashi Bridge in front of the main entrance is so famous. If you have much time and interests, also you can visit East Gardens of the Imperial Palace.
8. Shibuya - Famous for Shibuya scramble crossing in front of the Shibuya Station, Hachiko dog statue and fashionable buildings.
9. Meiji Jingu Shrine - Shinto shrine where the spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken are enshrined. It was built in 1920. The sacred forest was created by the plantation of 100,000 trees donated from all over Japan. Here you can enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
10. Harajuku - Just next to Meiji Jingu Shrine, here is famous for Takeshita Dori Street which has a lot of shops of " Kawaii ( cute ) " fashion. Also you can visit KIDDY LAND ( toy store ) and Oriental Bazaar ( traditional Japanese souvenirs ).
11. Shinjuku - Japan's greatest entertainment district where tall buildings are lined up next to each other. You can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories ( Free of charge ), Kabukicho known as the town that never sleeps, Shinjuku Golden-gai ( 1950's nostalgic narrow drinking streets ) and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden famous for its cherry blossoms viewing.
12. And much more,
Ikebukuro, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, Rikugien Gardens, Roppongi, Odaiba, Yanaka, Shibamata and so on.
I can show you around some of these. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket ( 600 yen ), we can visit anywhere you want, as much as possible.