You can make your own itinerary as you like. Tokyo has many interesting and beautiful places. You can select some of these. I can show you around as much as possible. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket, you can visit anywhere you want. Also you can learn about Japanese history, culture and life style. And of course, you can enjoy traditional Japanese cuisines.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Dai.
Tokyo has many sightseeing spots. You can select some of these wonderful places.
1. Asakusa - You can visit Senso-ji Temple famous for its main Kaminari-mon Gate ( Thunder Gate ), where a red huge lantern hangs. There is a shopping street called Nakamise Street, best place to buy traditional Japanese souvenirs and sweets. Also you can visit Asakusa Shrine just next to Senso-ji Temple. You can learn about temples and shrines, or Buddhism and Shinto there.
2. Tokyo Skytree - The tallest freestanding broadcasting tower in the world boasting 634 meters high. There are two observation decks located 350 and 450 meters above the ground.
3. Ueno Park - You can visit Shinobazu pond, Tokyo National Museum, Shitamachi Museum, Ueno Toshogu Shrine and Ameyoko Shopping Streets where you can buy anything you want.
4. Akihabara - Famous for many shops offering electrical equipment and manga, anime-related subculture goods, also animal cafes, such as cat, owl, hedgehog and more.
5. Ginza - Here is a shopping district lined with luxury boutiques and latest fashion shops as well as casual fast fashion stores.
6. Tsukiji Outer Market - Here is just next to (former) Tokyo Metropolitan Central Wholesale Market (now located in Toyosu) which is the largest market in Japan. You can find anything from foods such as fresh fish, fresh meats and vegetables, and dried foods, to food-related products such as knives and tableware. It's also a famous gourmet spot.
7. Imperial Palace - The Nijubashi Bridge in front of the main entrance is so famous. If you have much time and interests, also you can visit East Gardens of the Imperial Palace.
8. Shibuya - Famous for Shibuya scramble crossing in front of the Shibuya Station, Hachiko dog statue and fashionable buildings.
9. Meiji Jingu Shrine - Shinto shrine where the spirits of Emperor Meiji and Empress Shoken are enshrined. It was built in 1920. The sacred forest was created by the plantation of 100,000 trees donated from all over Japan. Here you can enjoy Japanese culture and nature.
10. Harajuku - Just next to Meiji Jingu Shrine, here is famous for Takeshita Dori Street which has a lot of shops of " Kawaii ( cute ) " fashion. Also you can visit KIDDY LAND ( toy store ) and Oriental Bazaar ( traditional Japanese souvenirs ).
11. Shinjuku - Japan's greatest entertainment district where tall buildings are lined up next to each other. You can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories ( Free of charge ), Kabukicho known as the town that never sleeps, Shinjuku Golden-gai ( 1950's nostalgic narrow drinking streets ) and Shinjuku Gyoen National Garden famous for its cherry blossoms viewing.
12. And much more,
Ikebukuro, Tokyo Tower, Zojo-ji Temple, Koishikawa Korakuen Gardens, Rikugien Gardens, Roppongi, Odaiba, Yanaka, Shibamata and so on.
I can show you around some of these. By using Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket ( 600 yen ), we can visit anywhere you want, as much as possible.
hotel pick up fee, hotel drop off fee, transportation fee (you and guide), entrance fee (you and guide), lunch (you and guide)
notice : Tokyo Metro 24-hour Ticket will be 600 yen each.
My tour is a walking tour using public transportation, mainly Tokyo Metro (Subway).
I don’t do the tour using an arranged car.
This is a walking tour, so please wear comfortable walking shoes.
Please bring Japanese yen for souvenirs and Japanese sweets, some of touristy places don't have much credit card acceptances.
Please take care of your own valuables, some of places are always crowded.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
Very helpful navigating the Tokyo Metro. Flexible with schedule. Hit all the highlights on our bucketlist, including the hedgehog cafe. Great choice of lunch spot and ensured that we arrived safely to our final destination in Shinjuku.
Thank you so much for giving me a kind review, Eva. I really enjoyed touring with you and especially I was happy to be able to see all of you enjoyed Sushi for lunch in Asakusa and the hedgehog cafe in Akihabara. I hope to see you guys again in the future. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your amazing family. Thanks a million !!! Cheers !!!
1-day walking, subway tour of Tokyo major sites: 1. Imperial Palace Nijubashi Bridge 2. Tsukiji Outer Market 3. Asakusa - Sensoji Temple and Nakamise Shopping Street 4. Meiji Jingu Shrine 5. Ueno Park 6. Shibuya - Scramble Crossing Before the tour, Dai proposed some very interesting tour stops, and made some changes for my preferences. He met me at a convenient train station and we proceeded on our tour. Dai is able to provide excellent information about Japan, Tokyo and the tour stops. I do not speak Japanese, and Dai's English is excellent. During the tour, he helped as my photographer and provided food and shopping advice. I would recommend Dai for others looking for Tokyo tours.
Thank you Jeff for giving me a thoughtful review. It was nice meeting you and fun to share the time with you. I believe your business is going well. Next time please come back to Japan on vacation with your family. Thanks a million !!! Take care !!!
We had a great time with Dai as our guide he was a very friendly person. Dai created an itinerary to include all the historical attractions that we had asked to see, his knowledge of the city and the Japanese culture was incredible. We definitely recommend Dai as a guide to anyone travelling to Tokyo who want to see the sights and learn about the city. Thank you Dai 😊
Thank you so much for giving me such a considerate review, Marilyn. It was my great pleasure to have showed you around Tokyo. I really appreciate your kindness and cooperation during the tour. And I’m glad to hear that you were safely back to your home, Southampton UK. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your wonderful family and friends. Thanks a million !!! Cheers !!!
We had a great time. Showed us all the things that we wanted see and experience. Very accommodating and on time. Thank you Dai
Thank you so much for a considerate review, Toni. It was my great pleasure to have showed you around Tokyo both two days. I also had a great time together with both of you. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to Lester. Thanks a million !!!
Dai was an absolute joy to have as our tour guide. His knowledge of the city and Japanese culture overall was incredible to learn from. We were able to see all the areas and sites we wanted to, but also had plenty of time to enjoy each location. I highly recommend Dai to any future travellers to Tokyo who want to see this great city, but more importantly the histoy and culture of the city.
Thank you so much for giving me such a thoughtful review, Andrew. It was super fun to share the time and talk with two of you. Also, I was happy to be able to see you guys enjoyed Soba ( buckwheat noodles ) in Akihabara. I hope this tour ( understanding the city ) will be useful for your work of Tokyo Olympic Games in 2020. Please take good care of yourself and give my best regards to your colleague Shannon. Thanks a million !!!