What to Expect
1. Omiya Bonsai museum which is one of the most famous Bonsai museum in Japan located in Saitama prefecture.
There are two types of Bonsai display circumstances. One is Bonsai Display in traditional Japanese Rooms called Zashiki-kazari. The other is Bonsai Display in garden called Bonsai garden. Various types of Bonsai are displayed in a garden considering the harmony between each Bonsai and the garden itself including the actual trees in background.
2. To visit one of Bonsai store within Bonsai village near the museum and see
a lot variety of actual Bonsai display.
3. To see Kura store houses street in Kawagoe city where there are many houses built like a Kura with the walls covered in mud lined in the Kura-machi street which show the atmosphere
4. While walking through the street, you will find the symbol of Kawagoe as “Tokinokane/hour bell”. This is said to be built in Edo era by the feudal lord of Kawagoe who is said to be strict punctual load and the bell has still announced the time to Kawagoe citizen.
5. After going through the Kura-machi street to west by around 10 minutes walking, you will reach Honmaru palace of Kawagoe castle which was built in 1848 by the feudal load at that time and a part of the palace has been remained as it was.
6. By walking around 5 minutes from the palace, you will reach Hikawa-shrine which is the local Shinto deity of Kawagoe. The deity of this shrine is Ohikawa-sama who has been worshipped and well known from many people.
7. In near the back of Hikawa-shrine, you can find the river named as Shingashigawa which used to be a main artery as flow of goods between Edo and Kawagoe. This river is flowing by surrounding Kawagoe city.