What to Expect
Before ending the tour on the famous Dotonbori street, you can enjoy your own preferred way of digging into Namba by visiting places such as:
- Small local diners/bars that you can go hopping;
- Local sushi bar that serves sushi from the chef, NOT on a belt;
- Doguyasuji street, a shopping arcade dedicated to providing cooking tools and equipment both for homes and professional chefs including Japanese knives, plastic foods, tacoyaki grills and more;
- Kuromon Market for food stands and local specialties; and
- Nipponbashi sub-culture area for gadget shopping at DenDen town, visiting a cat-cafe, maid-cafe, game and anime shops, etc.; and/or Karaoke bar/restaurant that you can enjoy food and singing in a private space.
- Shinsekai if you want to see the retro atmosphere of Osaka from the Showa-era. Tsutenkaku tower is illuminated at night with other 3D signs which gives you a chance to take a perfect Osaka shot.
I will make sure to maximize your precious and limited time in Namba without having communication and/or wandering problems, and even more, you will enjoy interacting with Osaka locals who are known as so much fun to chat/drink with!