Backstreets in Namba offer lots of great little shops, restaurants and bars for the locals.
I will take you to the area and ask you choose 2-3 spots and restaurants to visit.
You'll start the tour from Nipponbashi (Osaka's sub-cultural mecca) or Doguyasuji (kitchen equipment street including potteries and knives) and end the tour in Dotonbori. Kuromon Market is optional.
Feel free to personalize this offer with Seiko.
Before ending the tour on the famous Dotonbori street, you can enjoy your own preferred way of digging into Namba by visiting places such as:
- Small local diners/bars that you can go hopping;
- Local sushi bar that serves sushi from the chef
- Doguyasuji street, a shopping arcade dedicated to providing cooking tools and equipment both for homes and professional chefs including Japanese knives, plastic foods, tacoyaki grills and more;
- Kuromon Market for food stands and local specialties; and
- Nipponbashi sub-culture area for gadget shopping at DenDen town, visiting a cat-cafe, maid-cafe, game and anime shops, etc.; and/or Karaoke bar/restaurant that you can enjoy food and singing in a private space.
- Shinsekai if you want to see the retro atmosphere of Osaka from the Showa-era. Tsutenkaku tower is illuminated at night with other 3D signs which gives you a chance to take a perfect Osaka shot.
I will make sure to maximize your precious and limited time in Namba without having communication and/or wandering problems, and even more, you will enjoy interacting with Osaka locals who are known as so much fun to chat/drink with!
guide fee for 3.5- 4 hours, hotel pick-up in Namba and Umeda area
transportation fee for you and guide (to/from your hotel in Osaka area to/from Namba station. About a few hundred yen one way), dinner for you and guide, entrance fee if any
Calendar will be updated for the next few weeks.
*Please contact me first for availability and note below before booking:
1. My schedule on Triplelights site is open for the next 3 month only.
2. Please read through my profile including "Important Notes" at the end before booking.
I can guide you in Okayama (including Naoshima and Kurashiki), Hiroshima (Onomichi, Shimanami islands cycling, Miyajima, etc.) and Shikoku (Iya valley etc.) if you pay for my transportation.
The above areas can be visited from Osaka/Kyoto in one or two days.
1. The tour is 3.5-4 hours depending on where we go. You can choose a few spots and one or two places to eat and drink that can be covered within 3.5- 4 hours.
2. If you'd like to visit Doguyasuji and/or Kuromon market, I recommend starting by 16:30 as most shops there close around 18:00.
3. The cost of food and drink for you and guide is not included in your guide fee. (ex. glass of beer: 300-600 yen, small dish: 300-500 yen, main dish: 500-1,000 yen, takoyaki: 500-700 yen, etc.) Please understand this is not a typical sightseeing tour, rather focus on eating and drinking at a local place in Osaka, frequently referred to as the country's kitchen, which is why the tour rate is set low
4. Please have enough cash to pay at a small restaurant/bar which normally takes cash only.
5. Namba has a variety of restaurants/bars from high-end sushi bars to very reasonable stand-up bars, so I will choose one as per your budget and what kind of food you'd like to eat. It will be helpful if you can tell me your preference in advance.
6. Please note that most small restaurants/bars are not smoke-free especially during dinner/bar time in Japan. read more
Yes, but you can't go into bars and please note that most restaurants are not smoke-free.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
Seiko guided us right from the train platform throughout the day to all of major sights of Kyoto. She is incredibly knowledgeable about all the history, culture, and little details of the city. Plus, she provides the personable touch to ensure you enjoy every moment that you will not get from a big tour company! We are so very greatful to her for an amazing day in Kyoto!
Seriously! Seiko was an absolutely awesome tour guide. She was incredibly prepared and had picture and history printouts about each of the places we visited. She was incredibly patient and gracious with us and even happily went over our allotted time in order to get us on the train back to our hotel. Our visit with Koyoto would definitely not have been the same without Seiko
We took a one day Osaka city tour with Seiko. Our group consisted of 7 people from 3 generations-rather big and diverse group. My husband and I were worried if the grandparents who are in their early 80’s would be able to keep up with the tour. We were also worried if the kids will follow with the tour without getting bored or tired too soon. As we feared, the grandparents had to take a long break in the middle of our first destination, and then even longer break for lunch. But Seiko accommodated to the grandparents’ needs with so much care and kindness that we felt like she was our real aunt! The grandparents eventually returned to the hotel after lunch, and the tour continued with the remaining 5 people. Since we took such long breaks, we were behind the schedule by a lot, but Seiko gu... read more
Seiko is a very good guide. She brought us around the shrines, temple, bamboo grove and sake tasting. She explained the historical of the temples n shrine and Japanese culture. She speak very good english. She even don’t mind to bring us around for more sake even though she is supposed to call it a day. Will definitely engage her if we are going back to Osaka again.
I booked an 8 hour tour with Seiko to see the sights of Kyoto with my three teenagers. As I was unsure how such a long day would unfold with the kids, I asked if we could be flexible and she was fantastic. She did her best to accommodate our wishes and was so friendly, helpful and knowledgable. She took us to the Fushimi Inari shrine, the bamboo forest, Nishiki market, a department store food hall, Gion and the Kennin-ji temple. We also had great tonkatsu for lunch in central Kyoto. I would highly recommend her to anyone keen to see all the main sights of such a fantastic city.
Thanks Karen! It could have been more challenging to travel in Japan with 3 teenagers, but I'm sure you enjoyed the days as your children were so engaged in the tour and interested in lots of cultural aspects and Japanese food, even learning many Japanese words in a week! I especially enjoyed Fushimi Inari hike with you all. Such a fun day for me too! Thanks so much and hope you can come back with your husband some time soon. Seiko