What to Expect
The basic itinerary is as follows,
8:15 Meet at your Hotel and move to Tobu Nikko Station by subway and train.
10:54 Arrive at Tobu Nikko Station and move to Toshogu Shrine by bus.
- Shinkyo Bridge : One of the most popular photo spots in Nikko.
- Rinnoji Temple : It has more than 1,200 years history. Three golden Buddha are must-see.
- Toshogu Shrine : Japan's most gorgeous shrine and world-famous for its colorful and elaborate sculptures of plants, animals and imaginary creatures.
- Futarasan Shrine : Nowadays, it’s a shrine of love.
- Taiyuin Mausoleum : The grave of the third Shogun of the Tokugawa dynasty.
15:00 Bus from Toshogu Shrine to Tobu Nikko Station.
15:23 Ttrain from Tobu Nikko Station to your hotel
18:00 Arrive at your hotel
If you want to enjoy a mountain view in Nikko, we can skip some temples and shrines, and add following places into the itinerary. But in case a heavy traffic jam is forecasted, this option is not available.
- Iroha-Zaka Slope : 48 hairpin curves and a beautiful mountain view.
- Akechidaira : Beautiful combination view of Lake Chuzenji and Kegon Water Fall.
- Kegon Water Fall : 97m waterfall. One of the three most famous waterfalls in Japan.