What to Expect
Easy to meet the guide and escorted back to starting/ending point of Kawaguchiko Station, where you will just get off and get on the Expressway Bus from/to Shinjuku or other metropolitan bus terminals.
Expressway bus needed to be reserved individually in advance.
"Sea of Trees" known as Aoki-gahara Jukai, have been created by eruptions of side volcano of Fujiyama (Mt. Fuji) in 9th century. Eruptions destroyed old rich forest and had filled the land with lava. The oldest trees generated on the lava are estimated back 300 years, meaning current mysterious Sea of Trees is still relatively young forest. In this mysterious forest, some say compass mal-functioned and others say compass completely broken. In this Sea of Trees, we are able to see lots of caves like bat cave, wind cave and ice cave, created by the same volcanic activities.
1. See beautiful forest known as Sea of Forests on lava with thin soil layer
2. Explore three caves. Saiko Bat Cave, Fugaku Fuketsu (Fugaku Wind Cave) and Narusawa Ice Cave and visit another Ryugu Cave.
3. Understand Mt. Fuji activities
4. Feel mysteries of the forest
5. Stop by at the northern shore of Lake Saiko to watch grand scale Mt. Fuji
As options, I can take you to Saiko Iyashi No Sato, and/or hot spring which all are welcome even with tattoos.
Hot Spring, Kaiun-no-Yu hot spring ( as hot spring bath facility in Royal Hotel)
http://www.royalhotel-kawaguchiko.com/ja-jp/ab/abcd.htm (no English but you feel the atmosphere from the photo)
1000 yen /person