Travel to the coastal area near Sendai city! You can enjoy all nature, food, history, experience, and culture in one day!
Visit Shiogama area and Matsushima coast, and enjoy the experiences that can only be found here!
What to Expect
I will bring you to Shiogama city, where you can have fresh seafood for breakfast. Then continue to Matsushima coast where is one of three most scenic places of Japan. You can enjoy the scenery of the sea and island in Matsushima Bay. I will bring you to the temples in Matsushima which all have historical stories: Entsuin and Godaido. There are several choices for lunch including at the Matsushima Fish Market and restaurant with Sendai's specialty food, and you can choose. You can also experience painting your Kokeshi doll, the unique souvenir from the Tohoku area at the doll shop here. Then you can enjoy another famous menu of Sendai, Kamaboko fish cake, by grilling it yourself! I will also bring you to Kanrantei tea house which is also a historical place, where you can taste Japanese green tea with sweets while enjoying the stunning view of Matsushima Bay.
I can also guide you to other prefecture in Tohoku Area if my transportation fee is covered by you.
If you want to book in 1-3 days period before the tour date, please contact me before booking to discuss available time.
There may be some additional fee for hotel meetup depending on the location.
- The default transportations of this tour are railways and walking. The total cost for the railway is 920 yen. There will be some medium distance walk (1-2 km), but I can call a taxi for you if wanted (the extra transportation fee needed at the site).
- You can also change the transportation method to the rental car, please contact me if you want any recommendation.
- The admission fee for Entsuin temple is 300 yen and for Kanrantei is 200 yen (there will be an extra fee if you order a tea set).
- The fee for Kokeshi painting (you will get your work back home!) is 800 yen
- The fee for Kamaboko fish cake grilling is 200 yen
- You can change some part of the program if you want to, please contact me for more detail
guide fee, transportation fee for a guide (railways only), breakfast and lunch for a guide
What‘s not included
hotel pick-up (depending on the location of your hotel), food for you, transportation fee for you (railways only) or for you and a guide (when using other types of transportation), entrance fee for you and a guide, any other expense related to the tour (shopping, etc.)
08:00 AM ( recommended ) Flexible
Number of people
up to 6 people Flexible