This tour is for those who are interested in Japanese local life in Kansai, or who have already traveled to all those main tourist attractions and looking for something deeper.In this tour, we will use Hanshin Railway, one of the local railways in Kansai area, and visit 3 outstanding local cities in Hyogo; Kobe, Nishinomiya, and Amagasaki. Let's go and discover the local sides of Japan together!
Feel free to personalize this offer with Kiriko.
We will use Hanshin Railway, which goes between Kobe and Osaka connecting some local cities in Hyogo, and visit the places listed below. In each and every site of the cities we will visit, you can see a slice of local people's life and learn about Japanese way of life.
• Kobe: The capital of Hyogo prefecture. We will visit Kobe Port Tower, Kobe China Town(Nankin-cho), and Hakutsuru Brewery Museum.
• Nishinomiya: The city developed as a residential area in the early 20th century. In this city, we will visit Nishinomiya Shrine and Hanshin Koshien Baseball Stadium.
• Amagasaki: The city very next to Osaka. It used to be a castle town and is currently an industrial city. In this city, you will visit Amagasaki Castle and Amagasaki Shopping Arcade. If requested, boat race watching at Boat Race Amagasaki and Miko(a shrine maiden) experience at Amagasaki Ebisu Shrine are available as well.
• Guide fee
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off(only in Osaka or Kobe)
• The guide’s transportation fee
• The guide’s lunch fee
• Pictures taken during the tour
• Transportation fee for yourself: ¥1200 per person(1 day ticket)
• Lunch fee for yourself
• Entrance fee for you and the guide: ¥700 per person for Kobe Port Tower, ¥500 per person for Amagasaki Castle
• Extra cost for the optional activities: Starting from ¥100 for betting at Boat Race Amagasaki, ¥2000 per person for Miko experience at Amagasaki Ebisu Shrine
• Hotel pick-up and drop-off is only available for those who stay in Osaka or Kobe. If you stay in any other places, our meeting and ending points will be either Osaka station or Motomachi station.
• This tour involves a lot of walking, so please make sure to wear comfortable shoes.
Yes! If you need to make changes such as removing or adding someone to your booking or changing the date or time of your tour, contact us by phone or email
After you secure your booking, the starting and ending points of your tour can be customized to your convenience (ex.: your hotel, nearby stations, etc.). Don't worry, we will take care of you! Some tours may have an extra fee for this service, make sure to check the tour page.
After booking a tour, the guide will accept (or decline) your booking within 24 hours. Then you will be noticed by email from Triplelights.
The price is charged per group. Which means that you make a one-time payment for your entire group and the price will not change if it is less or more people.
Some guides accept extra people (more than the specified number) for an extra charge. Please check for the extras on the tour or booking page, or contact your guide directly to clarify.
No. Your tour is private, only for you and your family or friends, there will be no other group of tourists together in your tour.
Yes, but there will be additional charge for that and it is not by car. The guide will go pick you up using public transportations. For further details, please contact your guide directly.
Yes, you can and you may be able to get a discount if you are traveling alone. Price depends on which guide you choose.
Kiriko came prepared to show us an enchanting side of Kyoto. She met us at our starting point and we traveled by train to Kyoto. We explored several popular sights and toured many areas of Kyoto. Her choice for dining out was perfect. She gave a lot of thought in organizing our tour. We would highly recommend Kiriko for a tour.
Thank you very much for your time in writing me a review! It was a pleasant time for me to spend the day with you and Dan. And I also want to say thank you for inviting me to the dinner! I hope you will come back to Japan one day and I can be your guide again :)
It has been fun spending the day with Kiriko. She is very organized, discussing the itinerary in detail and making sure we’re comfy. She’s also attentive and very accommodating in taking our pictures at the different sites we went to. And she has a very chummy personality, very easy to talk to, very candid and relaxed. Highly recommended! 👌😃
Thank you for your kind review, Carol. It was very nice to see you and I also had a lot of fun to spend the day with you! Again, thank you for having me as your guide during your short stay in Japan. I hope to see you all again in Philippines or Japan in the near future! :)
My sons (13 and 10 yrs old) and I had a wonderful time with Kiriko visiting Kyoto and Osaka. It was a really short trip but she nicely arranged our itineraries to fit our schedules and our interests. She was flexible when we had to make last minute change to our itinerary. Kiriko also took us to try all sort of amazing local street food and her recommendation is always spot on! I’d definitely recommend her to anyone visiting Japan! Ps: when my son realized that he had lost his airpod, Kiriko also helped us filed lost property report with the local police.She absolutely goes above and beyond to help us locate the lost item.
Thank you so much Novita for having me for the two days! I’m glad to hear that you had a wonderful time. And I was so happy to see that you and your sons loved all the local foods that I recommended! For the airpod, I still haven’t got any response from the police.. But I hope it will be found soon or maybe he will get a new one before that ;)
We had a fantastic time with Kiriko on our tour in Arashiyama. The autumn colours were beautiful and when we finished a bit early, Kiriko took the initiative and showed us a few other things in the area which were great. It was a memorable tour!
Thank you for the review! I’m so grateful that you have chosen me as your tour guide. Really looking forward to the future tours!!
Kiriko is an excellent tour guide. She is personable, and quite sweet. She was organized and we had a great time at the brewery and the baths.
Thank you for the kind words! It was my pleasure to guide all of you and I hope to see you all again in Japan or America one day. Safe and fun travels!! :D