Kamakura city in the year 1192 was the first feudal-age military administration centre for ensuing 130 years, where the great Buddha,'Dai-Butsu' was built in 1252 as a gold-foil covered bronze casting figure of Amida("Amitaha" in Sanskrit), 500 years younger than its predecessor-'Dai-Butsu in Nara'. Enoshima and a view of Mt. Fuji will entirely satisfy your photogenic avidity.
What to Expect
(1) From the Great Pier Lobby of Yokohama Harbour, the hired car will take the guests up to max. eight people for your enjoyable and comfortable driving tour to Kamakura, where Tsurugaoka-Hachimangu Shrine, Houkokuji Temple (=Bamboo Temple), Kenchoji Temple, Koutokuin Temple (Great Buddha), and Hase Temple may be visited.
(2) Enoshima, the lovely isle where the visiting guests will feel at ease while commanding the splendid stretch of the Pacific Ocean view from the observing balcony.
(3) Total hour of driving: Four (4) hours from start till return at the Great Pier.
Any day in September/October, subject to a jumbo hired-car to be available.
1. Hired Car Fee: approx. 16,800 yen for max. 8 guests for 4 hours. (Fee and hours to be negotiable)
2. Lunch expense not included.
3. Entrance fees at Great Buddha (Koutoku-in Temple) & Hasa Temple to be paid individually.
4. Easy and quick shopping at the convenient stores are available.