What to Expect
It is said there are about 150 of temples and shrines in Kamakura.
Some are big and well known, some are not...
Even though, all of them emit their own distinctive aroma, evenly attract us.
I'd like you to feel them.
If you have any particular place(s) you would like to go, please name it out.
If you have no specific idea, please follow the list I recommend to go .
AA: Temples and Shrine
(1) KOTOKUIN temple : Famous for the great Buddha statue.
(2) HASEDERA-temple : The most beautiful temple in Kamakura.
(3) KENCHOJI-temple : The number one zen-temple among Kamakura's Five Mountains. (Great architecture)
(4) TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU : The most important shrine.
(5) HOKOKUJI-temple. : A zen-temple famous for its bamboo garden .
(6) ENKAKUJI-temple : Great Zen Buddhist temple complexes in Japan .
(7) MEIGETSUIN-temple, : Known as the Hydrangea Temple and its Circular window in the main hall.
BB: Shopping and snacks
This is the exciting thoroughfare remind you the festival street. Here you can find a various foods and unique souvenirs.
This street will take you to TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU.
CC: Popular routes
Plan A: for persons would like to see various kind.
: KOTOKUIN temple - HASEDERA-temple- TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU - KENCHOJI temple and/or HOKOKUJI-temple
Plan B : for persons would like to see mainly zen temples.
:ENKAKUJI-temple - MEIGETSUIN-temple -KENCHOJI-temple - TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU + (HOKOKUJI temple for sub.)