What to Expect
It is said there are about 150 of temple and shrines in Kamakura.
Some are big and well know, some are not but still impressive.
But all of them have their own distinctive aroma and interesting.
If you have any particular place you want to go, please name it out.
But if you don’t, please leave it on me.
Following is the list of the temples and the shrines that I recommend especially..
Also I have written down the post popular route.
If you ever get tired of visiting temples and shrines.
Let’s spend time at KOMACHI DORI.
This is the exciting thoroughfare remind you the festival street. You can find a various foods and unique souvenirs there,.
Let's just stroll about and enjoy the energy that bounce around the area. It is truly the fun place to visit.
AA: Temples and Shrine
(1) KOTOKUIN temple : Famous for the great Buddha statue.
(2) HASEDERA-temple : The most beautiful temple in Kamakura.
(3) KENCHOJI-temple : The number one zen-temple among Kamakura's Five Mountains. (Great architecture)
(4) TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU : The most important shrine.
(5) HOKOKUJI-temple. : A zen-temple famous for its bamboo garden .
(6) ENKAKUJI-temple : Great Zen Buddhist temple complexes in Japan .
(7) MEIGETSUIN-temple, : Known as the Hydrangea Temple and its Circular window in the main hall.
Here’re the plans I recommend.
Plan A for who would like to see various kind.
: KOTOKUIN temple - HASEDERA-temple- TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU - KENCHOJI temple and/or HOKOKUJI-temple
Plan B for who would like to see mainly zen temples.
:ENKAKUJI-temple - MEIGETSUIN-temple -KENCHOJI-temple - TSURUGAOKA-HACHIMANGU + (HOKOKUJI temple for sub.)