What to Expect
1. Hiroshima Peace Memorial Museum & Park.
- An invaluable museum that is aiming to convey the reality of the damage incurred by an atomic bomb to people around the world, and to contribute to the abolition of nuclear weapons and the realization of everlasting world peace.
2. Itsukushima Shrine
- It is said that the shrine was established by Saeki-no-Kuramoto in the 6th century. There has a magnificent vermilion trii gate, which stands in the sea.
3. Daishoin Temple
- It was found in the 9th century by Kobo Daishi or Kukai, the founder of the Shingon school of Buddhism. The oldest temple in Miyajima.
4. Other shrines and temples
- Visiting small shrines and temples in Miyajima.
* Please note that we may skip some listed spots depending on the pace of the tour.
I also an official ‘A-bomb legacy successor’ designated by the City of Hiroshima. An A-bomb Legacy Successor is a memory keeper of the A-bomb survivors. To ensure that the A-bomb survivors' experiences and desires for peace are faithfully inherited and shared with as many people as possible, the City has started a three-year training program for official ‘A-bomb Legacy Successors.’ It is possible to include my lecture in my tour. It is appreciated that if you could let me know upon your booking.