What to Expect
- Namahage Museum: More than 100 Namahage masks are exhibited at Namahage Museum. You can try Namahage costumes on for free photo session.
- Oga Shinzan Folklore Museum: Visitors can observe demonstrations of Namahage visiting a Japanese family.
- Cape Nyudozaki: Spectacular view of the Sea of Japan, located at a northern latitude of 40 degrees.
- Akagami Shrine Goshado: Important cultural property of Japan. Visit requires climbing 999 natural rocks/stones on the hill where the shrine is. The climb takes about 15 to 20 minutes per one way. Participants should be physically in good shape. A legend says that 999 steps are believed to be piled by demons.
- Oga Museum (GAO Museum): Among the attractions of about 10,000 marine animals are polar bears and seals. This is an option for those who are not fit to climb 999 steps to Akagami Shrine Goshado.
- Godzilla Rock: A popular spot on Oga's coastline near Akagami Shrine Goshado. The rock, eroded in a unique shape resembling Japan's famous monster, Godzilla.