Start from the main stations, enjoy 6-hour trip to Kobe Sake Brewery district, the biggest Sake district in Japan. Visiting two sake breweries and a restaurant which uses sake brewery building, and enjoy walking through the riverside.
Your hotel→ walk along Sumiyoshi river → Sakuramasamune (Lunch) → Kikumasamune → Hakutsuru → the old site of well → Ishiyagawa Station
The river flows from the Rokko mountain of 900 meters above sea level and so the flow is very steep. Locals used this steep stream to mill brown rice for sake producing. There once were many undershot wheels.
Founded in the 17th century in the neighbor city, but this brewery moved to this place in search of good quality water. It claims the first name of “Masamune” from the Budhist sutra. Since then, other breweries started naming Masamune to their sake. You can enjoy food cooked by sake and sake lees and free sake tasting.
This brewery was the first producer to deliver sake to Edo, now Tokyo in the 18th. The name of “Nada” sake began to be well known among people since then. It used the microscope to establish the modern brewing system in the 19th century. Exhibits are well arranged and follow the flow, and you can see the process of sake making. Free sake tasting is provided.
Founded in the 18th, Hakutsuru has many breweries and one of the biggest sake companies in Japan. Among the modern breweries there is the traditional big roofed museum. There you can see each step of the sake production by the monitor screen provided in English. After free sake tasting, enjoy photo time to wear Happy coat and aprons which craftsmen wore in those days
◆The old site of the well
In the local park, you can see the old site of sake water well. For the premium sake, high quality water is needed, and the spring water coming from under the Rokko mountains contains minerals and the best for the sake production. Thereused to be water wells and you could see them, but now each brewery strictly controls them.
As well as Sumiyoshi river, this river also starts from the Rokko mountain and the flow is very steep. The name of this river comes from stonemasons who lined up the river. Enjoy walking the riverside, and imagine the time when people were busy at brewing sake there.
Guiding fee, Public transportation fee (For taxis or hired cars, additional fee will be charged.), Admission fee
Cost of meal and sightseeing activities
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
-The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged read more