What to Expect
Wood engraving is one of the representative Japanese traditional crafts products. The capital was moved to Kyoto from Nara in the late eighth century, the culture led by a court noble and the noble prospered in Kyoto. Under these circumstances, the technique of wood engraving developed under the influence of techniques of temple architecture and making Buddhist statues.
◆The contents of Experience
Our guide picks up you at the lobby of your hotel and also translates craftsman’s instruction in making a work. The instructor is designated as a traditional craftsman by the Japanese government. A set of tools for engraving is lent and you will make a single-stalk flower vase (see photo). Of course you can take the work home with you.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
-The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.