Our bus tour will take you to Jigokudani Onsen, where you can watch the popular Snow Monkey. Also, a delicious lunch with Beef Sukiyaki is waiting for you. (Of course, VEGETARIAN menu is available.) If you are looking for an affordable tour to enjoy watching Snow Monkey in one day, this is for you!
What to Expect
- Watch the popular Snow Monkey in a landscape which wrapped in a snow.
- The delightful lunch menu is waiting for you! Beef Sukiyaki offered for you to taste! For vegetarians, the lunch menu can be changed. Please inform us about it in the remark column while making your reservation.
The following is brief descriptions of main destinations of this tour:
1. Snow Monkey
Jigokudani Onsen is the only hot spring in the world where monkeys are allowed to enter. During warm days the monkeys foraging around the place nearby and in Winter they climb down the cliff to get into the hot spring. If you are lucky enough, you might be able to see the monkeys having a hot bath in the outdoor area. Not only Jigokudani, nearby there are different attraction spots and gourmet events which could be enjoyed at the same time.
Sukiyaki is a Japanese dish that is prepared and served in the Japanese hot pot style.
It consists of meat (usually thinly sliced beef) which is slowly cooked or simmered at the table, alongside vegetables and other ingredients, in a shallow iron pot in a mixture of soy sauce, sugar, and mirin. The ingredients are usually dipped in a small bowl of raw, beaten eggs after being cooked in the pot, and then eaten.
Generally, sukiyaki is a winter dish and it is commonly found at bōnenkai, Japanese year-end parties.
Departure Period : 2017.12.15 - 2018.03.25
[Range of language support]
English, English (iPad), Chinese (iPad), Japanese
- Not included introduction and explanation of tourist attraction during the tour.
- But on the departure date, we can prepare and distribute travel brochure which written in your desire language. So you can understand better about the trip.
- The departure and arrival time for each sightseeing spot will be written clearly on the voucher which given after reservation. Please confirm in advance.
- Basically, English or Chinese speaking tour guide will be accompanied. Either one of the language will use iPad for video translation service.
(There is a possibility that both of the languages will use iPad for video translation service)
[Minimum number of participants for operation]
-There is a minimum requirement on number of participant for holding the tour. In case minimum number is not reached and the tour need to be cancelled, notice will be sent by e-mail 14 days before departure day (4 days before for 1 day tour). Tour fee paid will be fully refunded.
- Participant of this tour will ride with Japan local visitor.
- When the number of participants is few, mini van may be used for departure. (combination of rental car and driver service) In addition, the accompanied driver will act as staff as well, and "Video Translation"service will be applied as language support.
- Please be noted that you cannot change the scheduled return location after the tour.
- In case of traffic congestion or any other uncontrollable reasons, may lead to changes on tour schedule or time shorten in each sightseeing spots, please be noted in advance.
- As the weather is cold, please wear more clothes for keeping yourself warm.
- The way from parking area to Jigokudani Onsen will take about 40 mins walk on snowy road. Please wear clothing and shoes which enable walking smoothly and easily.
- As the road is slippy and soggy when snowing, it is recommended that you can prepare mountaineering boots, clothes, etc. if you would not wish to get wet and dirty.
- There are boots and jackets rental store at the entrance. But as stock and size are limited, we recommend you to bring it by yourself.
- According to different season, weather, and health condition of the monkeys, there is a chance that you may not be able to see the monkeys. In this case, there will be no refund.
- Please do not feed that monkeys or you may be attacked by them.
- About eating method of beef sukiyaki:
- Beef are first being boiled in the sweet soy source hot pot, then dipped in a beaten raw egg before eating.
- For plan with Zenkoji Temple sightseeing, it will be carried out after visiting the snow monkey. And highlight of this plan is apples will also be given as souvenirs at the lunch restaurant.
[about all of our bus tours]
- No smoking on bus. Under normal situation, adjustment of seat angle is prohibited. (Except for some specific products)
- Please be punctual and arrive at the gathering location on time. As the tour is of group activities, tour bus will depart on time according to schedule regardless of the late comers. Thanks for your understanding and cooperation.
- In case of typhoon, snow or bad weather that effect the tour, decision will be made the day before departure on whether to cancel the tour or not. And notice will be sent by e-mail before (Japan time).
- Depends on the number of participant, bus size will be different. (medium or small size bus)
- There is no toilet inside the tour bus.
- Place of arrival and gathering location will be different.
- All items left in the tour bus will be disposed by our company.
- Pet is not allowed on tour bus.
- Seating on the tour bus will be assigned by our company.
- The exchange rate is only for your reference, it is not the actual rate of the day.