The plan is up to you. Please don't hesitate to tell us what you wish to do or see.
Guide fee only.
Everything other than guide fee such as transportation, meals, entrance fees, rental bikes, etc. The costs totally depend on your itinerary, but the followings are some costs for your reference purposes. Please pay for yourself and for our guide. We will tell you the cost details once your itinerary is roughly formed.
1) Return ticket for a bus from Karuizawa Station to Shiraito Waterfall is 1420 yen per person.
2) Return ticket for a local train Shinano Railways from Karuizawa to Komoro is 960 yen person.
3) There are a variety of restaurants, from a casual food around 1000 yen per person in a local restaurant to a gorgeous multi-course meal (Japanese food, French food, etc.) around 5000 to 10000 yen per person.
4) Entrance fee to a museum or a park is around 1000 yen per person.
5) Soba making lesson is 3640 yen per person including eating your noodles at a restaurant with tempura and ice cream.
6) 3-hour rental bike fee is 800 yen for a normal bike, 1300 yen for a sport bike, 1600 yen for an electricity-assisted bike
Apply by 3 days before the guiding day. Earlier is better to find an available guide. Thank you.
We can confirm your booking after checking availability of our guides. We recommend early booking, like one to several months before the tour day to increase a chance to send our guide, but we can accept a booking up to 3 days before the tour day. We normally meet our customers at Karuizawa Station or Naka-Karuizawa Station (for Karuizawa History Town Walk, we start at only Karuizawa Station). If you meet our guide in other places than the two stations, such as your hotel lobby or other train stations, please note we may need to ask you to cover transportation cost.
Some locations are outside our guiding areas. If you arrange a taxi or a bus with a professional driver for private usage, our guide can ride the car with you for your tour. Please note we don't guide in a rental car which individual customers drive.
We arranged our half-day tour the night before (very last minute), and KGS responded that we would need to pay extra charges to meet in Nagano instead of Karuizawa. It all ended fine with us meeting in Nagano and getting a 3-hour tour that included chatting over a relaxed lunch and visiting the beautiful Zenkō-ji Temple and the san-do leading up to it in downtown Nagano. We thought about going to see the monkeys soaking in an onsen in the mountains, but it would have meant a long bus or taxi ride. We tasted shichimi-togarashi at a specialty store, and bought a scoop of yuzu and a scoop of black sesame flavored gelato that they sprinkled yuzu shichimi-togarashi on top of.