What to Expect
When you visit the Fushimi district, you surely come to like Sake! Why?
There are three reasons.
1: The best wine comes from good soils, while the best sake comes from crisp clean water. It takes 8 liters of water to make one liter of sake. This naturally purified spring water flows beneath the Fushimi Hill, making it an ideal location for sake brewing, since sake brewing requires an abundant supply of high quality water.
2: The techniques and tradition of sake brewing has been preserved for more than 1000 years in Fushimi, which is located near Kyoto, the ancient capital of Japan.
3: Leading sake breweries in Japan including Gekkeikan are based in Fushimi, and have been incorporating the latest technologies while transmitting Japanese food culture to the world.
Deadline for booking of this program is 10:00 am of 2 business days (JST) prior to the program date except for the peak season described in the note below. When booking the programs held during the peak season and after the deadline, please be sure to email us at to confirm an availability. Please note that any programs to be held during the peak season and booked after the deadline without a prior confirmation may not be guaranteed. *Note : Peak season is from March 20th to April 30th.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day.
- The picking applicable hotels are limited to the hotels between Higashi-oji-dori and Nishi-oji-dori (to the east and west) and Imadegawa-dori and Jujo-dori(to the north and south). If you need a taxi or a hired car, an additional fee will be charged.