Visit zen gardens and a tea ceremony room in a temple of east Kamakura. You also can see several Buddhist statues.
Hokokuji is known as "Bamboo Temple". About 2,000 straight and tall bamboos rise heavenward, and sunlight gets into them. In the bamboo garden, only the sound of streams and rustling leaves break the silence. This makes you feel like being in another world far from busy urban life.
Jomyoji is ranked 5th in the Five Great Zen Temples in Kamakura. In the tea room called "Kisen-an", you can be relaxed with drinking matcha (powdered green tea). You can also enjoy appreciating the dry landscape garden where rocks and well-trimmed trees are set out superbly. Japanese sweets complement the flavor of the tea.
◆Tsurugaoka Hachimangu Shrine
This great shrine founded by the Kamakura Shogunate and also respected by the Tokugawa Shogunate was the center of "Bushido" (the spirit of the samurai). Walking along the flag stones from the massive torii gate, the vermilion Maiden (the Ritual Dance Stage) with a heartbreaking story comes into view up ahead. Up on the sixty stone steps stands Honden (the Main Hall) donated by a Shogun. This place commands a view of Kamakura City. In Hakko-do (a craft shop) at the entrance of the shrine, you can enjoy elaborate Kamakura-bori crafts (wooden artifacts carved in relief repeatedly lacquered in black and vermilion).
・Tea‐ceremony room fee with Matcha green powdered tea and dry confectionery
・Public transportation fee for JR and subways (For taxis or hired cars, actual additional fee will be charged.)
Lunch, beverages,Travel expenses to the meeting place, and shopping fees
Deadline for booking of this program is 10:00 am of 3 business days (JST) prior to the program date except for the peak season described in the note below. Wahen booking the programs held during the peak season and after the deadline, please be sure to email us to confirm an availability. Please note that any programs to be held during the peak season and booked after the deadline without a prior confirmation may not be guaranteed. *Note : Peak season is from March 20th to April 30th.
- Please follow the guide's instruction during the program. We shall not be responsible for any accident caused by disregard for the instructions.
- Program duration is an estimate. It is subject to change depending on the number of participants and/or conditions without notice.
- Please advise us if you have any religious or health restrictions, allergies, or the case where you would like to request a special care for participants, including children. Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our services are mainly offered in English. In addition, services in other languages, such as Chinese, French, Spanish, German, Italian, Russian are also available. In case you would like services in languages other than English, please inquire us as soon as possible. We will check the availability.
- Before booking, please email us to check the availability.
Please note that any programs booked without an inquiry will not be guaranteed.
- Our business hours are from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm on weekdays. For inquiries received outside the business hours, we will look into them and respond on the next business day. read more